About Me

My photo
Managua, Nicaragua
I'm participating in a month-long medical trip to Nicaragua, so I'd like to use this blog to document all of my experiences abroad and keep everyone at home in touch!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 12

We were able to sleep in until a little after 8 on Sunday before driving an hour and a half West to Bochito Beach, the closest beach on the Pacific from Masaya. We arrived around 10:30 and spent time reading and relaxing in the sun before a lunch of traditional Nicaraguan food (with a few extra fish dishes) on the water. To my pleasant surprise, the water wasn’t very cold so we all decided to splash around in the waves for a few hours like we were kids again. Overall, it was a great day. I got a bit of a sunburn despite applying sunscreen various times throughout the day. We headed back to Masaya for dinner as well as an introduction seminar taught by Dr. Cerrato about our rotations in the Masaya Community Hospital tomorrow. We’ll spend time rotating between the ER, OR, and the Labor and Delivery wing. I’m very much looking forward to it- hopefully I’ll have some good stories to tell everyone about tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment